A History of Giving Back
Over the past 18 years, with the help of our sponsors, participants and volunteers, more than $950,000 has been distributed to area non-profit organizations and 11 area high school cross-country teams through race proceeds and charity partnerships. Some of the charity partners throughout the years include:
Run or Walk for a Reason!
Ascension Orthopedics & Sports Medicine 5K Run/Walk Supports Local Cancer Fund
For every adult entry in the Ascension Orthopedics & Sports Medicine 5K Run/Walk, $5 will be donated to the St. Elizabeth Hospital Cancer Fund to support cancer services for area patients. Watch for ways to provide additional support before the race and on race day! In 2017, we proudly donated nearly $5,000 from participant registrations plus on race day, 35 fleece blankets were tied by participants and spectators and donated to the St. Elizabeth Hospital Cancer Center.
Charities Using Our Event to Raise Money
The following charities are using our event to help raise money for their organizations and causes. For more information, please contact the organization directly.
With myTEAM TRIUMPH, disabled participants get to do it all! They will “Captain” a team of “Angels” through an entire race guaranteeing them their moment of glory as they cross that finish line that so many of us take for granted.To enrich the health and well-being of individuals with disabilities by fostering lasting, authentic relationships through the teamwork environment of endurance athletics. The mission statement of myTEAM TRIUMPH is:
- myTEAM TRIUMPH is 501(c)(3) non-profit athletic ride-along program created for children, teens, adults and veterans with disabilities who would normally not be able to experience endurance events such as triathlons or road races.
- myTEAM TRIUMPH brings the community together with the equipment necessary to allow them to experience the energy of packet pick-up and the thrill of crossing the finish line.
- myTEAM TRIUMPH promotes health, teamwork, and community, and requires the involvement of many people with diverse abilities and disabilities.
Girls on the Run of Northeast Wisconsin
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity-based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
Supporting the Future of Running
Local high school cross country teams are able to earn a donation to their program by providing race weekend volunteers. Race participants in all race weekend events will help support this program and the future of running in the Fox Cities.
11 high school cross country teams are scheduled to participate in 2018:
- Appleton East High School
- Appleton North High School
- Appleton West High School
- Xavier High School
- Fox Valley Lutheran High School
- Kaukauna High School
- Kimberly High School
- Little Chute High School
- Menasha High School
- Neenah High School
- St. Mary Central High School