Training & Pacing
The PaceSetters and Community First Fox Cities Marathon present Carrie Miller.
- Wednesday, May 29
- 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Community First Credit Union, 1575 Dresang Way, Neenah, WI
Carrie is an experienced pacer and personal run coach certified by the USATF and RRCA. She’s run 38 full marathons including 9 Boston Marathons as well as 50 and 100 mile ultras. She and her husband Paul have 5 young children.
At this event you’ll learn:
- Maintaining Balance – Moms Run This Town/She Runs This Town joins Carrie for questions and answers.
- Physical Aspects of Training – Learn specifics of a training plan.
- Mental Training – How to do this and why it’s so important.
- Race Day Specifics – You’ve trained hard. Now set your mental and physical goal and crush it!
There will be plenty of time for Q&A of the speakers and marathon staff. You’ll be able to check out the latest walking and running shoes. Refreshments will be served and every attendee will be entered in for a chance to win:
- FREE pair of running shoes.
- FREE entry for either the Community First Fox Cities Marathon or the ThedaCare Half Marathon!
Marathon, Relay & Half Marathon Training Runs and Walks Start May 25
In conjunction with the PaceSetters Running Club and hosted by Run Away Shoes, the Marathon, Relay and Half Marathon Training Runs & Walks take place every Saturday morning at 7:00 a.m. Relay runners are encouraged to the half marathon schedule. All ages, paces and experience levels are welcome!
Start Finish Location: Run Away Shoes
W3192 County Road KK, Appleton
Training Run/Walk Provided:
- Free and open to the public!
- Mapped routes, turn-by-turn directions
- Routes include sections along the Fox Cities Marathon course
- Water & Gatorade support along the course for a 13:30 pace
- Snacks, coffee, water & Gatorade at the finish
- ThedaCare Orthopedics Plus Physical Therapists on site to answer your questions after week 3
- A safe and runner/walker friendly course
- Knowledgeable PaceSetters Running Club and Fox Cities Marathon Staff present to answer any questions regarding training, registration, etc.
ThedaCare Training Guide
ThedaCare Orthopedic Care has gone the extra mile for you again this year in developing a Training Guide for Marathon and Half Marathon participants. Not only will this plan help you prepare for your race, but it does so in a day-by-day format that is manageable in your busy schedule. FREE weekly injury assessment and tips & pointers are all included!
2019 Training Run & Walk Schedule
See below for the 2019 training run schedule dates and distances. For additional information, including links to maps and directions for each week’s training route, please go to the PaceSetters Running Club website.
For any Saturday morning where there might be inclement weather – or the possibility of it – please visit the PaceSetters of the Fox Cities Facebook page for updates.
|Date||Marathon Distance||Half Marathon Distance|
|Physical Therapists available after training runs starting June 15|
|Prediction Run – Neenah||Prediction Run – Neenah|
|September 22||Community First Fox Cities Marathon||ThedaCare Half Marathon|
Marathon & Half Marathon Pace Teams
The Community First Fox Cities Marathon, in partnership with OnPace Race, offers Pace Teams that help participants reach their race-day goals in both the full and half marathons.
- Participation is FREE for both Full & Half Marathon Pace Teams
- Register at the On Pace Race booth during the Health & Wellness Expo
- Participants will receive information, be able to ask questions and meet some of the Pace Team leaders prior to race-day
- For a list of FAQ’s to your basic Pace Team questions, please visit: Pace Team FAQ’s
Pace Team Leaders: If you are interested in helping your fellow participants reach their race-day goals in either the full or half marathon, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 MARATHON Pace Teams will be posted closer to race weekend.
2018 MARATHON Pace Teams:
The FCM will provide group leaders to assist runners in achieving their goal time for the Marathon. Please feel free to contact the pacers directly if you have any questions regarding their pacing techniques prior to race weekend. Target times will be the following:
|Pacing Leader||Race Time||Contact E-mail|
| Jeff Picken
| Chad Otis
| Jessica LeMere
| Jeri Howey
| Mike Jovanovich
| Tom Perri
| DJ Rein
2019 HALF MARATHON Pace Teams will be posted closer to race weekend.
2018 HALF MARATHON Pacing Teams:
The FCM will provide group leaders to assist runners in achieving their goal time for the Half Marathon. Please feel free to contact the pacers directly if you have any questions regarding their pacing techniques prior to race weekend. Target times will be the following:
|Pacing Leader||Race Time||Contact E-mail|
|NEW! 1:30||Jordan: email@example.com
| Stephanie Kliethermes
| Marty Thomas
| Aaron Hizon
| Bethany Schumacher
| Steve Weick
| Kayla Glenn
For any pre-race weekend questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org